There are many cases when you forget magento admin password .
For security reasons magento stores password inform of MD5 format in database , so you cant get password directly through phpmyadmin interface.
You can reset password using 2 methods :-
1) First find under which user you want to change password using below query:-
"SELECT * FROM `admin_user`;"
Now, to reset password run below query,
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password`= MD5("newpassword") WHERE `username`='admin';
2) Go to phpmyadmin.Browse admin_user table . Edit specific record you want to update . While you change password in `password` field, select MD5 from dropdown under Function section & enter your password , it will store your password in MD5 format.
See below Screenshot for better idea :-
You are Done !!
Now try to login with new password !!
When i started learning Magento , my first step was installation of magento on my localhost ! I just began installation like WordPress & at that time i didnt aware it was much harder than wordpress installation , specially on localhost using Wamp server ! Sometimes on localhost after fresh magento installation you get the problem to not able to login in admin panel (backend) , whether your username & password are right.
You can solve this problem using following method.
Go to :-
Find the code given below around 77 line :-
// session cookie params
$cookieParams = array(</strong>
'lifetime' => $cookie->getLifetime(),
'path' => $cookie->getPath(),
'domain' => $cookie->getConfigDomain(),
'secure' => $cookie->isSecure(),
'httponly' => $cookie->getHttponly()
Comment above code , Done.
Refresh & try to login again..
The real problem is that when a Magento instance is running through a localhost and tries to create a cookie, but fails to do so because it requires a domain and localhost is not a true domain..
Leave a comment , if it is useful to solve your problem !!
While installing Magento on localhost, we can get sticked at the Step 2 of the Installation process, which doesn’t let you go further.
- While you are on that installation screen, just click on your URL field and then right click.
- Click on INSPECT ELEMENT.
- This will open the Firebug screen and highlight the html code of that input field.
- You will see it has something like class=”validate-url” .
- Just remove that “validate-url”.
- Now, just click on SUBMIT and you are done